Becoming a member
Already a member?
Log-in to your account and browse the catalogue here.
Becoming a member of the Alice Springs Public Library membership is easy, and absolutely free!
All you need is some identification proving your Northern Territory residency. This could be a Driver's License, tenancy agreement, Power and Water bill etc. Bring your proof to the Library information desk and we'll register you as a member in approximately 5 minutes. You'll receive a library wallet card and a keyring card for your own personal use.
With your full library membership you can borrow up to 20 items per card for four weeks including:
- A variety of books for every interest
- Large print books
- Books in languages other than English
- Books on CD
- Feature film and TV series DVDs
- Music CDs in a variety of genres
- Magazines and newspapers
- eBooks and audiobooks through BorrowBox.
- Digital magazines through Zinio for Libraries.
You can also freely access:
- 55 minutes of internet computer usage each day
- Digitised newspapers
- Centralian Advocates
- Online databases
Please call the Library (08 8950 0555) with any question about your membership benefits.