Swim Ready! is a pre-swim check developed to achieve two key objectives:
- Improve safety and supervision of children 10 years old and under
- Maintain a high standard of pool hygiene (and decrease pool closures resulting from incidents)
A child is Swim Ready! when:
- A visit to the toilet (or a suitable aquatic nappy check by a parent or guardian) has occurred
- Showering has occurred before entering the pool
- Children can show lifeguards who their supervising adult is (or for babies and very young toddlers the supervising adult shows lifeguards the children in their care)
Once a child is Swim Ready! lifeguards (or Customer Service Assistants) can be approached to provide a Swim Ready! wrist band.
- Children 5 years old and under receive a pink wristband
- Children 6-10 years old receive a green (or colour other than pink) wristband
Coloured wrist bands indicate to lifeguards which children require arm length supervision and which children are Swim Ready!