Environment Advisory Committee
The Alice Springs Town Council invites those interested in the local Alice Springs environment to submit an Expression of Interest for membership to its Environment Advisory Committee (EAC).
There is currently one vacancy for a general community member.
The committee is made up from representatives of Elected Members/Councillors, Council Officers, Northern Territory Government departments, local business and members of general community. The EAC meets bi-monthly and members of the public can attend.
The purpose and function of the Committee is to advise and make formal representation to Council (through its Technical Services Committee) in matters relating to the sustainable management and protection of the natural and built environment in the municipality of Alice Springs.
Drawing upon the collective expertise of its members, the Committee is to take into consideration:
- issues that relate to waste management and recycling, including viewing waste as a resource
- supporting energy efficiency and energy reduction initiatives and technology
- contributing to the improved water usage measures of the town
- ensuring that the natural environment within the municipality is protected and rehabilitated
- providing support to develop Alice Springs as an environmentally sustainable town
- fostering environmental awareness through marketing and education programs
- issues relating to safe and reliable water drainage
together with such other related matters that may be referred to it by Council.
Please see here for Expression of Interest Form: Expression of Interest EAC.pdf
Expressions of Interest close 8am Monday 1 May 2017.
For further information please contact Council’s Environment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 8950 0594.