Ilparpa Road Project
- Roadworks have now been completed. A Public Information Session will be held prior to the construction of the footpath, at a date to be advised.
Council is currently undertaking Stage 2 of the Ilparpa Road Project. Stage 2 extends from 500m east of Greatorex Road to 700m west of Lillecrapp Road.
Road Works anticipated schedule:
- From Friday 24 November 2016 – Installation of guard rails, guide posts and signage.
- January/February 2017 – Completion of second seal coat.
- Line marking to follow.
Please note these dates may be subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
All properties will remain accessible while the road is being sealed. It is anticipated that there will be a maximum 10 minute delay for vehicles to access each driveway or pass the area being sealed. When driving along newly sealed road it is advisable to drive slowly to protect your vehicle. A diagram of the traffic management arrangements can be found here.
- Works will commence from East to West along the road.
- Speed limit will be 40km/hr, and remain in place until the primerseal has settled.
- At times Webb or Greatorex may be closed. If one is closed the other will be open. Detour signs will be in-place.
Ilparpa Road Path decision:
At the Ordinary Council meeting, 31 October 2016, a decision was taken to construct a 1.5m-2.5m wide path along Stage 2 of Ilparpa Road, diverting to avoid trees.
All future updates regarding Ilparpa Road will be detailed on this webpage. Should you require any additional information, or further explanation of traffic management arrangements, please contact the Manager Infrastructure by calling 8950 0536.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project.